Studio Camp: Sew Cool
*The event has already taken place on this date: Fri, 06/19/2020
Many of our campers fall in love with hand-sewing when they make their first stuffie at Toy Shop camp. In this week-long studio camp, we will explore how we can use hand-sewing and embroidery techniques to create works of art, jewelry, patches, and even multi-part stuffies. We’ll include stamp carving and printmaking techniques, then embellish with stitching to create Ts and totes with personal style. This is the perfect camp for those creative, design-oriented makers with a desire to learn practical skills that will last a lifetime. Some prior sewing skills and plus but not required. We’ll split our time between the shop and shady spots around City Park where our small group of crafters can spend their days under the trees stitching and chatting.
Embroidery and Applique:
Advanced stuffies/felt sculpture
Stamp carving/Printmaking on fabric
- Studio camps are for campers ages we 8-12. All campers work collaboratively and we differentiate instruction based on the abilities of each camper. Think of it as a one-room schoolhouse, summer style. Note: our camper age range is a non-negotiable policy. Please do not register your child if they are not between the ages of 8-12 during their camp session. We reserve the right to forfeit your child's camp reservation if your child does not meet the age requirements.
- Each week of studio summer camp is limited to 10 participants and staffed with one super talented instructor and one teen intern.
- Camps run 9-3 pm. We do not currently offer early drop-off.
- Add optional aftercare available until 5:30 pm.
- Late pick-up may be subject to a $1/minute fee up to the $20 aftercare charge.
- Please pack a hat/sunglasses, water bottle and a nut-free lunch for your child.
- We will walk to a nearby park for recess each day.
- We will provide a morning snack. Gluten and dairy-free options available.
- Closed-toed shoes are required.
- We will do our best to resolve any problems as they come. However, we reserve the right to excuse a child from camp if they are harming the experience of others without a refund.
- Let's have fun, explore & create!
Please check your dates carefully. All camp registrations are non-refundable but are transferable to another child or session (if available). Camps fill fast. We cannot guarantee placement in another session. • Date change or account credit requests must be made no later than 14 days before your session. No credits will be given for cancellations due to illness or last-minute plan changes (14 days before the start of your registered session).
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.