School Break Days in The Workshop
*The event has already taken place on this date: Mon, 02/17/2020
DEC 23rd - DIY GIFTS: CANDLES + EYE PILLOWS. Learn to melt, scent, and pour your own 100% soy wax candles as well as learn to hand sew while we create a relaxing eye pillow filled with rice and yummy scents. Complete with DIY wrapping paper.
DEC 24 - We are offering a half-day of School Break Day on Dec. 24th from 9 am-12 pm. Copy and paste this link into your browser to learn more + register: tinyurl.com/CandAdec24
DEC 26th - DIY SNOW GLOBES. Using Mason Jars and oven bake clay, we’ll create our winter wonderland in a jar.
DEC 27th - WINTER WOODCRAFT. All things winter. All things wood. Join us as we create magical winter animals, forests and more.
DEC 30th - BOARD (BORED) GAMES. Ahhh, winter break. Spend the day with us creating your very own board game to occupy your time during those long school break days.
DEC 31st - NEW YEARS PARTY. From decorations to hats to noisemakers, we’ll create all the things to help us bring in the New Year. Complete with an apple cider toast at noon to celebrate!
JAN 2nd - UPCYCLE CHALLENGE. Repurposed Hats, Scarves and Mittens. We’ll take old sweaters and learn how to upcycle them into accessories to keep us looking sharp and feeling warm in the winter.
JAN 3rd - SCRAP WOOD CALENDAR Using a variety of scrap wood, we'll design, cut and assemble a chunky changeable perpetual wooden block calendar. It's a bit tough to describe but trust us, it's cool.
JAN 6th - MARBLE RUNS Bring on the simple machines. We'll be designing and constructing marble runs using cardboard, tubes, scrap wood and more
JAN 7th - TINKER DAY! Let's take stuff apart and turn into cool creations. We'll have old machines to deconstruct and repurpose into robots, toys and more.
FEB 10th-13th - FIBERS CAMP! Makers will have access to all sorts of fibers activities. We'll weave, hand sew, felt, embroider, and more!
FEB 14th - VALENTINES DAY. Have a Big Heart! We’ll cut a giant heart from ⅛” plywood, and your little lover can create a unique hear-felt wall hanging using paint and all the best collage materials we have.
FEB 17th - PIRATE DAY! Arggg! It’s here! The shop will be open to all things pirate themed. Make a ship, create a pirate costume, make your own jolly Rodger, the sky’s the limit!
• Classes will be staffed with a 1:10 teacher-student ratio. If more than 10 children are registered, an assistant will be added.
• Camps run 9-3pm (please arrive on time)
• Add optional aftercare until 5:30 pm • Late pick-up may be subject to a $1/minute fee up to the $25 aftercare charge.
• Please pack a hat/sunglasses, water bottle and a nut-free lunch for your child. • We will provide a morning snack.
• Closed toed shoes are required.
• We will do our best to resolve any problems as they come. However, we reserve the right to excuse a child from camp if they are harming the experience of others.
• IMPORTANT! All kids attending day camps at the shop will need current forms on file (completed in 2019). Forms can now be found in your child's profile.
• Let's have fun, explore & create!
Camp Cancellation Policy:
• Please check your dates carefully. Registrations are non-refundable but are transferable to another child or another session as long as you notify us 14 days prior to the start of workshop or camp.
• No credits/refunds will be given for cancellations due to illness or last minute plan changes.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.