EAE: 3D Modeling Studio (Age 14-17)
*The event has already taken place on this date: Fri, 07/16/2021
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update it immediately.
Leave the pen and paper, and bring your creations into the third dimension. In this intensive modeling workshop, you will create a 3D digital model from your own design, be it a character, creature, tool or vehicle for a video game, machinima or movie. Learn everything from the basics of professional 3D modeling software, like Maya and ZBrush, through the process of fully realizing your creations.
Who Should Attend
- Students who are interested in learning how to create digital characters.
- Future game creators, film makers, and artists interested in joining the University of Utahâ€™s Entertainment Arts and Engineering program.
What You Will Learn
- The key principles of digital art and design.
- Create finely detailed models to be used in a variety of media like games, movie, and short films.
- How asset pipelines are used in game development.
- Some basic animation techniques.
Co-sponsored with the U of U's EAE program.
Questions? Call Youth Education at 801-581-6984 or use our online form.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.