Camp is the perfect environment to develop relationship skills with friends and adults that last far beyond the summer. What we’ve known to be true for years (and the data backs us up!) is that camp demonstrates incredible outcomes for participants that impact them for the rest of their lives. Studies according to the American Camping Association nationwide report day camp campers display an improved ability to make and maintain friendships, increased confidence to try new activities, and greater skill development.
The camp environment is the perfect place for campers because we take away the academic pressures of the classroom, creating space for campers to explore, grow and learn. To further support this exploration and growth, we pay a lot of attention to our programming so that after their week at camp all campers leave with increased confidence and holding their head a little higher.
CAMP SHAI IS NOT YOUR AVERAGE DAY CAMP…IN FACT, WE HAVE A NUMBER OF THINGS THAT MAKE US US:
- Our Counselors are the BEST because we only hire the BEST!
- We offer small ratios of counselors to staff!
- We focus on social-emotional growth.
- We are Inclusive – we welcome campers of all faiths, backgrounds, and abilities to join our community!
- We are anchored in universal Jewish values, or middot – kindness, respect, community, and good sportsmanship are the foundation of everything we do!
- We offer high-level activities such as swimming lessons, tennis lessons, and more. For Shai Sports and Full-Day Specialty Camps, we partner with the best vendors in town to make sure our programs are top-notch and focused around skill-development.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.