Therapy Family Camps Pioneer Therapy (ages 9+)
How Therapy Family Camps Work
Dedicated teams of therapists focus on each child’s strengths to provide goal-directed, outcome-based treatment. Synergy, focus, and extensive time dedicated specifically to enhancing skills make this a unique and powerful intervention. Children often achieve significant developmental, functional and behavioral gains that can be further developed and sustained long after camp ends.
Siblings form relationships with others who share their experience while parents network, gain resources, rest and rejuvenate. In short, the whole family realizes potentials and develops strengths.
We are a great match for individuals with developmental disabilities that affect language, mobility, learning, and/or daily living skills. Adam’s Camp is not a match for those whose primary diagnoses are emotional, behavioral, or psychiatric disorders.
- 5 consecutive days of intensive, individualized therapy for the child with special needs
- Multidisciplinary professional therapy team working together on identified goals
- Comprehensive digital clinical report developed which outlines goals, strategies, outcomes and recommendations
- Individualized parent conferences with the therapy team on the final day of camp
- Optional parent presentations and activities as well as opportunities to network and connect
- Optional sibling camp
- Scholarships available
Pioneer Therapy (ages 9+)
5 Days – 3 Therapists – 8 Campers – 2 Volunteers – 3 Overnights
Campers benefit from an activity-based therapeutic approach to building and increasing independence, self-confidence, and social skills. This program is designed for campers with a higher degree of independence. Campers stay the first two nights with their families, and then spend the remaining three nights with their team. Under the guidance of dedicated therapists and specialists, this three night sleep-over allows campers a more concentrated, comprehensive focus on their goals and enhanced independence. Parents are required to remain on campus or in close proximity for the duration of the Pioneer camp session.
* This program is not eligible for health insurance coverage or Flexible/Health Spending Account Statements.