Summer Horse Camp
*The event has already taken place on this date: Fri, 08/14/2020
Summer Horse Camp is a great way for children to be introduced to the world of horses, and to learn the skills needed to be effective and safe equestrians. We offer Beginner and Novice Camps, as well as an Advanced Show Camp for children who have devoted themselves to riding and want to further develop their skills in competition.
At Tall Horse Riding Club, we strive to educate every child that walks through our doors, not only in the art of riding, but in horsemanship as well. In addition to two hours in the saddle with an instructor during each day of camp, we provide many other educational activities for campers as well, that will increase their knowledge of our equine partners.
Horseback Topics Covered in Beginner and Novice Camp
- Use of the Aids and Communication with Horses
- Walk, Trot, Canter (If client is able to do so safely)
Horseback Topics Covered in Advanced Show Camp
- Horse Show Prep (proper turnout, grooming, clipping)
- Longeing, Morning of Show Prep
- Stall cleaning/bedding, Types of Feed and Supplements
- Standing Wraps, Polo Wraps, Boots, Poultice, Sweating
- Most of the week will be spent as though campers are at a show.
- Campers must be approved to participate in Show Camp.
Horsemanship Topics Covered in Both Camp Levels
- Equine Psychology and Safety
- Equine Anatomy
- Parts of Tack, Saddle Fit, Bridle Fit, Tack Cleaning and PROPER boot polishing
- Equine Nutrition and Healthcare
- Various other activities and topics based on experience level of campers
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.