Cardboard Carnival Camp
In this week-long camp, makers will use cardboard along with wood scraps and upcycled materials to create all sorts of carnival fun. On the first day, we’ll use cardboard to design and create mini-games (think skee ball and plink-o), on day-two we’ll use wood scrap to build miniature carnival rides like swings and Ferris wheels complete with moving parts. On day three we’ll play pretend with cardboard, fabric and more to turn our camp crew into a costumed host of characters from the carnival circuit. Our final two days will be dedicated to creating life-size games and prizes. We’ll culminate our time together with an afternoon carnival extravaganza!
In this super fun DIY camp, makers will flex their creative muscles while learning all about engineering, simple machines, design, and collaboration.
How it works:
- Workshop camps are for campers ages 5-11. All campers work collaboratively and we differentiate instruction based on the abilities of each camper. Think of it as a one-room schoolhouse, summer style.
- Note: our camper age range is a non-negotiable policy. Please do not register your child if they are not between the ages of 5-11 during their camp session. We reserve the right to forfeit your child's camp reservation if your child does not meet the age requirements.
- Each week of workshop camp is limited to 22 participants and staffed with two super talented instructors and one teen intern.
- Camps run 9-3 pm. We do not currently offer early drop-off.
- Add optional aftercare available until 5:30 pm.
- Late pick-up may be subject to a $1/minute fee up to the $20 aftercare charge.
- Please pack a hat/sunglasses, water bottle and a nut-free lunch for your child.
- We will walk to a nearby park for recess each day.
- We will provide a morning snack. Gluten and dairy-free options available.
- Closed-toed shoes are required.
- We will do our best to resolve any problems as they come. However, we reserve the right to excuse a child from camp if they are harming the experience of others without a refund.
- Let's have fun, explore & create!
Please check your dates carefully. All camp registrations are non-refundable but are transferable to another child or session (if available). Camps fill fast. We cannot guarantee placement in another session. • Date change or account credit requests must be made no later than 14 days before your session. No credits will be given for cancellations due to illness or last-minute plan changes (14 days before the start of your registered session).
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.