After the Asteroid: Earth's Comeback Story - Denver Museum of Nature & Science
A newly discovered trove of remarkably preserved fossils, found at Corral Bluffs near Colorado Springs, has brought into sharp focus how Earth recovered after the devastating asteroid impact 66 million years ago that wiped out the dinosaurs. This discovery is a watershed scientific moment, and the Denver Museum of Nature & Science has created a brand-new bilingual exhibit to bring the discovery to life.
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update it immediately. If you have a question about the activity itself, please contact the organization administrator listed below.
- See some of the very best fossils from the site.
- Handle real concretions and replicas of fossils important to the discovery.
- Experience the discovery on a multimedia storytelling wall that tells about this remarkable find.
- Immerse yourself in the past and present environment at Corral Bluffs, surrounded by huge murals of Yesterday’s World, during the very beginning of the Age of Mammals, and Today’s World.
- Witness the natural beauty of the Corral Bluffs site.
- Recreate the ancient environment in “Art Station: Recovery,” a drawing-and-sticker program.
- See how the evidence for the recovery comes together to paint a picture of a lost world.
- Participate in hands-on activities at the “Science Behind the Scenes” bench.
- Flip through a mammal family album to learn who’s related to whom and how.
- See fossils revealed within concretions.
- Find tiny teeth and bones at a microfossil sorting station with a magnifying camera, combing through actual dirt from the fossil site.
- See photos of scientists, students, and volunteers in action at the Corral Bluffs site.
- Talk with scientists, facilitators, and performers to hear anecdotes and dig deeper into the story.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.
Organization:Denver Museum of Nature & Science
2001 Colorado Blvd.Denver, CO, 80205
See map: Google Maps
Please see website for details
Pricing varies--please see website
Ages2-3 years 4-5 years 6-8 years 9-12 years Teenagers Adults & kids together Adults without kids