Colorado Springs Cool Science Festival
AgesAll Ages Adults & kids together
The Colorado Springs Science Center and and it's programs including the Colorado Springs Science Festival and Science on Tap have merged with Cool Science (www.coolscience.org) and will be known as Cool Science. The Festival will go under the name Colorado Springs Cool Science Festival.
We are reworking our website and links and will soon have that ready for you, but in the meantime here is the press release:
While the vision of a standalone Science Center in Colorado Springs remains, Cool Science will now focus on expanding the Science Education Programs and events each organization previously delivered individually, including the Colorado Springs Science Festival
For over 15 years, Cool Science has excited, inspired and engaged students, teachers and parents throughout central and southern Colorado with the wonders of science in the world around us. Cool Science’s passionate volunteers provide a variety of fun, engaging and intimidation-free science demonstrations and hands-on activities in schools, libraries and other public venues. Activities and events include:
- Demonstration shows
- Hands-on activities and workshops
- The Day of Science and Mini Day of Science
- Science/STEM Nights
- Parent/Teacher Training Workshops
- Big Cool Science Festival Day at Colorado College.
With the addition of the Colorado Springs Science Center, Cool Science will expand its reach through the Colorado Springs Cool Science Festival (formerly the Colorado Springs Science Festival). This 8-day, regional event designed to ignite wonder and inspire curiosity about the world around us, attracts between 10,000 and 20,000 attendees each year. The Colorado Springs Cool Science Festival will continue to focus on:
- Engaging kids in fun, science-based activities
- Providing opportunities for participants to interact with STEM professionals
- Providing activities and programs FREE of charge
- Attracting underserved and economically challenged families
- Providing kids & parents access to the campus of the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs (UCCS)
- Delivering science events and activities geared to adults as well as children.
Additionally, Cool Science will also continue delivering the adults-only Science on Tap program each month at Jack Quinn’s Irish Ale House & Pub.
The merger of Cool Science and the Colorado Springs Science Center maximizes the resources for science engagement and literacy within the Pikes Peak Region. Together the organizations bring over 200 local and national science content providers into our community for fun, intimidation-free science education.